[mythtv-users] Re: OpenGLVideoSync: Bad Context for Vsync

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jun 4 10:44:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 08:55:58PM -0700, Joe Votour wrote:
> I'm not running the new 0.18.1 RPMs, but I'm running my hacked up
> MythTV 0.18.1, which contains the additions to allow OpenGL VSync to
> work as a run-time option (I haven't tested the RPMs).
>
> I can indeed verify that the idea is sound and does work.  (Really,
> all I did was add in a checkbox to mythfrontend to act as a flag for
> whether or not to add OpenGL to the list of timing methods checked
> for.  Previously, it was just based on an #ifdef.)

Could you test the mainstream rpms, too? Thanks!

> I just looked at the MythTV source code that is bundled in with the
> RPM, and it is possible that the VERBOSE macro is being called,
> which would show some extra logging information.

The sources for the rpms are what has been committed into CVS.

> I'm attaching my .nvidia-settings-rc file, which I use with the
> OpenGL VSync (I'm running the 7174 driver).  I hope that this helps,
> but if not, I'm afraid that I can't really offer any more
> suggestions, since the functionality was already in MythTV, nothing
> was really added.

A quick rpm test would be very appreciated! :) :) :)

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net