[mythtv-users] Re: New nvidia driver released

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jun 4 10:58:34 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 07:47:57AM -0700, Howard Cokl wrote:
> Nvidia released 1.0.7664 yesterday, haven't tried it
> yet.

I did, and am not really pleased. When the screensaver blanks the
screen, it never recovers, I have to reboot to have a display again
... :/

But for any other more lucky folks than me the new driver exists at
ATrpms, use

apt-get install nvidia-graphics7664-kmdl-`uname -r` nvidia-graphics7664

and nvidia-graphics-switch to switch to the new driver (and back, as
soon as you find it's not suited for you, too ... :/)