[mythtv-users] black border issue Knoppmyth and EPIA (HushPC) -can't get rid of it...

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Sat Jun 4 17:29:18 UTC 2005

On Jun 4, 2005, at 12:15 PM, Paul Fielding wrote:

> Yup, I tried adding a DisplaySize line (there wasn't one in my
> XF86Config-4 file previously), as per:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/51710#51710
>
> All that happened was that the Fonts on the screen became much much
> larger. Border didn't change....
>
> regards,
>
> Paul
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Hannan" <jhannan at gmail.com>

You say this is an EPIA, are you using the Unichrome driver?

If so, only the modelines built into the driver will work, and you must
match those names.

It sounds like you are not using a modeline that has overscan. The
driver should have a mode "720x480" with no overscan, which is what it
sounds like you are using, and "720x480Over" that has "normal"
overscan. If you are using a newer version of the driver, it will also
have "720x480Noscale", which I use, that has only a little overscan,
and turns the scaler off. There are also "640x480" and "640x480Over"

If you have the Unichrome source, the list of mode names are in
via_vt162x.h.

Hope that helps.

-Michael