[mythtv-users] Key modifiers in lircrc

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Sat Jun 4 18:58:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 27 May 2005 11:46:23 -0400
Ben Giddings <bg-mythtv at infofiend.com> wrote:

> Then you could probably have a variety of "program" names for MythTV:
> 'mythmusic' would have one set of commands, 'mythweather' would have
> another set, 'mythgui' another set, 'mythplayback' another set...
>
> You could also have some generic commands that worked for any myth mode,
> like "delete", or "menu", or "seek +10".  They might not always apply
> (like seek +10 wouldn't be of much use in the GUI) but whenever the mode
> permitted that command, that command would work.

Too bad that this doesn't actually work!! I have been looking for
something like this for a long time and it would be nice for
mythfrontend to recognize that it is in one of the plugins and use
different mappings.

Unless this is built into mythfrontend, I don't think it will happen
because as far as lirc seems concerned, there is only one program
running: mythfrontend, regardless of which plugin you are in. So
mapping keys to 'mythplayback', or 'mythmusic' has no effect.

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net