[mythtv-users] OT:Pundit-R MythTV first boot

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:38:48 UTC 2005

Hi,
   First - sorry to any Gentoo-Users for a bit of a cross post.

   I'm setting up a new mythfrontend only machine. I've tried twice
now to do a Gentoo install on a new Pundit-R where the hard drive is
an older 13GB EIDE drive set as the EIDE master. The drive is seen by
BIOS. The Gentoo install goes absolutely fine but when I try to
reboot, the system doesn't boot immediately from either the CDRW/DVD
or the hard drive. Additionally I get a BIOS message about the hard
saying:

Primary Master Hard Disk Error
Press F1 to resume

Hitting F1 gives me another opportunity to boot at which time the
machine will boot from the CDRW/DVD but still not from the hard drive.

   Has anyone using a Pundit-R run into this before? Are there any
BIOS settings that I should be looking at to get this groovy looking
little box to boot? Any and all ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark