[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and playing DVD's

stephen mythmail at nb.sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 4 23:28:24 UTC 2005

mythtv wrote:

> Thanks Patrick. I can see from the thread that these guys seems to be
> using ivtv-0.3.5e + Johns patch. From my log I can see that my
> ivtv-version is 0.2.0 (rc3j) which I assume is the latest stable
> version. So does this mean that I have to moove into "bleeding" to get
> ivtv-0.3.5e and to - maybe - make x work properly?
>
> As a newbie I don't even know how to apply Johns patch, and also not
> whether it would work for me on a PAL system.
>
> Strange to me that PVR-350 is such a commonly used tuner if it has such
> large deficiencies with x.
>
> Mogens

hi,

I just tried this, and after a bit of tweaking, it's working great for me.

I had a bit of trouble with my xorg.conf (had to change from hex to
decimal for the pci bus id), but that wasn't much of an issue once I
actually read the error message.

The biggest hurdle I had was the picture not being displayed properly
... best described in this post on the ivtv list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/21057

Once I switched my Live TV profile from 640x480 to 720x480 (as suggested
later in the posts), both videos & DVDs play great.

DVD command:

xine -f -I -V xv --audio-driver alsa --no-logo --no-splash dvd://

video command:

mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s

specs:

ivtv-0.3.5z (by hand, no emerge)