[mythtv-users] Starting mythtv using LIRC?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:36:22 UTC 2005

On 6/4/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Sim wrote:
>
> >I use KDE and want to set the TV button my remote to start mythtv.  Any ideas
> >how to do this - i've tried using irxevent to pass a ctrl-t (which is the
> >hotkey i setup in kde for mythtv) but that did not work.
> >

> man irexec

This is how I do it - drop a link to irexec in ~/.kde/Autostart
telling it to use the .lircrc file with a suitably configured button
(typically the ON/POWER button) which in turn runs a script that
either starts the frontend is one isn't running, or if it is and has
crashed, restarts it.

Check out the myth power button script on Jarod's MythTV howto pages.

Nick