[mythtv-users] recording a specific episode anytime?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:28:58 UTC 2005

> >Is there a way to get myth to record a specific episode (title and
> >subtitle must match) but let it choose which showing to record (in
> >order to accommodate other recordings)?
>
> Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> writes:
>
> > None of the rule types look at the subtitle for a match. The only
> > way to do so is to use a search rule that will specifically look
>
> Ok, that's what I originally thought.
>
> I often find I want to record a specific episode of a show, but don't
> care when it gets recorded, and I suspect others might like to do this
> sometimes.  If any developers are following, do you think a patch that
> adds a FindOneEpisode recording rule would be accepted?  Any pointers
> for where to start digging?  (I'm not promising that I'll do it, but
> I'll try...)

I think this was solved earlier this week when Brad Templeton launched
hos new TVWish program on this mailing list. This lets you tell MythTV
to records specific episodes of programs whenever it sees them in the
program guide. You can list one or many episodes for as many programs
as you like. It's a great piece of software. You can find all the info
at http://www.templetons.com/brad/myth/tvwish.html

Regards,
Phill