[mythtv-users] Re: Starting mythtv using LIRC?

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 15:53:10 UTC 2005

Sim wrote:

>On Sunday 05 June 2005 08:23, Pete Cable wrote:

>>>ideas

>>>the

>>I use irexec to do this. Here's the relevant section from my .lircrc
>>

>Thanks everyone - I've got it working rst ever perl script later :-)
>Simon

Well - I did mine a bit different since I feel that a power button
should both quit and start things:

supermario at supermario ~ $ cat .checkmythrunning.sh
#!/bin/sh

pkill irexec;
mythfrontend && irexec -d;

In my .lircrc:
.
.
.
begin
    prog = irexec
    button = power
    config = /home/supermario/.checkmythrunning.sh
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
   button = power