[mythtv-users] Clearing MythMusic database/metadata

Evil Barney evilbarney at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:04:04 UTC 2005

Hey Mike,

I had some issues with that as well.  I'd recommend that you let some
program do the file naming for you.  I used a couple including itunes,
and some freeware rippers.  mythmusic needs this structure:

/artist/album/song1.mp3

I found rippers that called to CDDB are helpful and can sometimes
rename your files for you.  if your folder structure is off, it might
suck.  best luck I had was using rippers that put the mp3s in that
structure.  for one off mp3s, I had to make sure they followed the
structure, even if I did not have the whole album.

I also had good look with a ID3 tag editor for files that would not
name automatically.  a google for ID3 editor will turn up a bunch.
last thing I throw out, I just found a CD cover image finder that
works well, I'd recommend trying to find one of those as well.

-EA