[mythtv-users] XvMC output not working

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 16:20:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 11:56:12AM -0400, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> The particularly odd portion of this is that if XvMC output is
> attempted several times repeatedly (with mythtv for example), it
> will work around the 8-25th try.  Once it has started to work during
> a single X session, it will work until X is restarted, or logged out
> of. At this point the 8-25 trick has to be tried again.  This
> problem is particularly annoying (especially until I found this
> workaround), since I can't watch any HD content that I record.

So if you disable XvMC, you can't watch any HD content?

I thought all AMD64 CPUs would be beefy enough to do so ... I've been
using --disable-xvmc with the "old" nvidia drivers (7174 I think) and
have been able to watch HD fine on an Athlon64 3500+.

I've never had any success with XvMC, but I've never had the patience
to try something that fails 3 times in a row, let alone 7-24 times in
a row :)

--Rob