[mythtv-users] 7+1 audio with alsa, xine and 5+1 DVDs

Franco mythtv at email.it
Sun Jun 5 17:00:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a 7+1 soundcard (Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro)
with 7+1 speakers connected.

Unfortunately, when I watch a 5+1 DVD using xine,
it is NOT upmixed to 7+1 so two speakers remain silent.

Should I change the configuration of xine or alsa
to get the desired effect (and, how do I do it?)

Actually, I'd like to upmix to 7+1 every kind of
audio source, but this seems to automaticaly happen
whith e.g. mythmusic (stereo music always becomes 7+1)
as well as mplayer when playing stereo videos...

I have a FC3 mythbox kept up-to-date with apt-get.

Franco