[mythtv-users] MythFillDatabase problem

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sun Jun 5 18:12:26 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Have finally got my DVB card to work, but for some strange reason, it's
not downloading the info for any channels related to the DVB card though
BBC1 works just fine.

I've got 2 tuner cards, a PVR350 and a Nova-T card, the PVR350 is in the
main MythTV backend, and the Nova-T is in my main PC on a slave backend.
  The PVR350 has 2 sets of channels attributed to it, and the Nova-T has
one.  The PVR350 has two, one for the analogue RF input, and the other
for the S-Video input from the digital set top box.  This means I've got
3 copies of some channels, and 2 copies of most channels.  For example,
take one channel, there's 3 copies, one for the external digital STB
box, one for the analogue RF input, and one for the DVB card.  Another
example, Sky News, there are 2 copies as Sky News isn't broadcast in
analogue.

Anyway, the channel editor has all channels, attributed to the correct
video source, and has the correct XMLTV ID - for example BBC2 for all 3
has the same XMLTV ID - then I run mythfilldatabase and it runs, and
ends with:

------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Updating icons for sourceid: 4
Updated programs: 0  Unchanged programs: 0
Failed to fetch some program info
mythtv:/video#

and in mythweb, I get:

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2005-06-05 19:05 and ended on
2005-06-05 19:05. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512.  There's guide
data until 2005-06-19 02:00 (14 days).

although it always failed before though with a different error code,
something like 1312 (don't remember the exact number).

I tried to run mythfilldatabase on the slave backend containing the DVB
card even tho mythsetup seems to say it isn't needed and I get:

desire:/home/piers# mythfilldatabase
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
<snip lots of messages>
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Updating icons for sourceid: 2
Updated programs: 0  Unchanged programs: 0
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
<snip lots of messages>
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
Updated programs: 9  Unchanged programs: 423
Failed to fetch some program info
desire:/home/piers#

so I assume I do need to run mythfilldatabase on the slave backend as it
shows lots of messages relating to BBC1 such as:

removing existing program: south-west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk Under Siege 2
2005-06-15T22:50:00 - 2005-06-16T00:25:00
inserting new program    : south-west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk Under Siege 2
2005-06-15T22:50:00 - 2005-06-16T00:25:00

but not any other channel, while mythfilldatabase on the main backend
does show messages like the above for other channels.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Cheers - Piers