[mythtv-users] Clearing MythMusic database/metadata

BP lists at qucae.com
Sun Jun 5 20:10:19 UTC 2005

Mike Geisterfer wrote:

> Thanx for the response, doing all that ID3/ID2 tags + directory format....
>
> Looking to clear the metadata in the mysql database (I think) but don't
> want to have to rebuid the database from scratch.
>
> Anybody know what I need to do.
>
> Mike G.

Have you tried re-runing "Search for New Music" from the Music Tools
menu?  I believe it will remove all entries that no longer exist.  You
could even point your music store to an empty directory first to clear
everything.

Second option is to dump the musicmetadata table from the database.

With mythbackend stopped:
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>drop table musicmetadata;
> quit

(By the way, this was in the first message returned by my search of the
list archives)

Restart the backend and run "Search for New Music" from the frontend.  I
think it will recreate the table when you run it.  Others will be able
to tell you with more certainty.  Doesn't hurt to try, however.  If not,
re-installing just mythmusic should.

I would recommend backing up your database first from the directions at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.5 .