[mythtv-users] XvMC works in xine, but not Myth

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 00:50:55 UTC 2005

On 6/5/05, Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > For instance, I've had zero issues with my Celeron 2.5ghz
> > > frontend.
> >
> > I have seen your numerous posts regarding your success with a 2.5G
> > Celeron.  But I have not seen many others duplicate your success.  I
> > asked you a long time ago if you are playing back on a 720p or 1080i
> > modeline, but I missed the reply.
>
> I guess I missed that reply again.

No you missed the fact that I don't bother to read the users list all
that often.  You've also apparently missed the HDTV playback
performance threads Jarod Wilson started as well.

I play everythign back on a 720p display so I use a 720p modeline.
Given that the scaling is all done on the video hardware it doesn't
matter all that much what the ouput resolution is for the CPU as long
as it can decode the various resolutions.

I do have some  stuff I know is 1080i sitting around to be watched,
I'll try it out just to be sure once my wife is done with the TV.
It's possible that everything else I record in highdef is 720p but I
doubt it.