[mythtv-users] Problem with scrambled channels

phil.vid at gmail.com phil.vid at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:09:17 UTC 2005

Hi Mattia,

> I repeate, these channels are not always scrambled, and I can't know
> when they will be scrambled. I know this only when I can't to tune them,
> so I can't remove them from the program list of MythTV.

The reason it does this is that the backend expects to see a stream from the
dvb card without the scrambling bit set. Unfortunately as your card cannot
decrypt this stream, the stream never arrives. The backend then sits in a
read loop dropping the packets repeatedly. I see a similar problem in
Australia, however as almost all of the channels I dont pay for are
permanently scrambled I just delete them from the db.

It is possible to fix this, however it requires a code change in the
dvbrecorder code. This might be something I can have a look at but I can't
guarantee a timeframe for a patch. Probably some type of osd window with
'Channel Scrambled' and a clean exit of the tight read loop without exiting
liveTV should do the job.

phil