[mythtv-users] Anyone getting radio listings via EPG in UK?

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Mon Jun 6 10:28:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 01:56:29AM +0100, Nick wrote:
> Finally trying to get listings for radio stations (just the Beeb ones
> at the moment, mplex 3). I can record them (TS, no wait etc), but not
> listen to them live.

How do you do that?  I've been holding back on upgrading MythTV to the
magic DVB auto-tuning versions because I don't want to lose the
ability to record the radio...

> As I don't have any other DVB equipment apart from my DVB card, I
> don't know if listings for the radio channels are included in the UK
> DVB EPG.

They are.

I merge them in manually like this

./tv_grab_dvb -c -s -d -t 60 > dvb_epg.xml
mythfilldatabase --no-delete --update --file 2 -1 dvb_epg.xml

The chanidents file contains just this line (I only record radio 4)

14528 fm.radio-4.bbc.co.uk

I collect all other EPG data using tv_grab_uk_rt.

> I have the channels set up with useonairguide=1, and as they
> record OK I'm certain the channels are capable of being received
> properly, but the program info for these channels never fills with
> data.

I can't help you with this I'm afraid!  Do post to the list if and
when you get it all working I'd be very interested to know how!