[mythtv-users] Anyone getting radio listings via EPG in UK?

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 10:40:17 UTC 2005

On 06/06/05, Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 01:56:29AM +0100, Nick wrote:
> > Finally trying to get listings for radio stations (just the Beeb ones
> > at the moment, mplex 3). I can record them (TS, no wait etc), but not
> > listen to them live.
>
> How do you do that?  I've been holding back on upgrading MythTV to the
> magic DVB auto-tuning versions because I don't want to lose the
> ability to record the radio...
>
> > As I don't have any other DVB equipment apart from my DVB card, I
> > don't know if listings for the radio channels are included in the UK
> > DVB EPG.
>
> They are.
>
> I merge them in manually like this
>
> ./tv_grab_dvb -c -s -d -t 60 > dvb_epg.xml
> mythfilldatabase --no-delete --update --file 2 -1 dvb_epg.xml
>
> The chanidents file contains just this line (I only record radio 4)
>
> 14528 fm.radio-4.bbc.co.uk
>
> I collect all other EPG data using tv_grab_uk_rt.
>
> > I have the channels set up with useonairguide=1, and as they
> > record OK I'm certain the channels are capable of being received
> > properly, but the program info for these channels never fills with
> > data.
>
> I can't help you with this I'm afraid!  Do post to the list if and
> when you get it all working I'd be very interested to know how!

Have you got the scanwiz radio patch in ? I assume you have. If so, I
seem to remember
thatI also fixed the EPG to work as well.

There should be some changes in siparser.cpp to get it to work. If
you've done something different let me know and I'll point you at the
appropriate lines.

I was going to update the patch but I've got distracted  away from it.
--
John