[mythtv-users] mplayer audio sync issues

Adam Gianola devils.taco at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:52:09 UTC 2005

Yes this is exactly the problem, and its been easily corrected for me
with the -delay option.  I also noticed it happened after an 'apt-get
dist-upgrade' and I'm pretty sure alsa was updated then (as well as
most mythtv packages).  The alsa rpms I'm running must be:

alsa-kmdl-2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at-1.0.9rf-39.rhfc3.at
alsa-driver-1.0.9rf-39.rhfc3.at and alsa-utils-1.0.9rf-14.rhfc3.at
alsa-lib-1.0.9rf-21.rhfc3.at
libasound2-1.0.9rf-21.rhfc3.at

which look like the current versions on atrpms.  i'm not entirely sure
what the old versions were, but it had been at least 2 weeks or so
since the last dist-upgrade.  I haven't looked at the atrpms list, but
i'm cc'ing this message to that list in the hopes that the right
people notice this and may be able to comment if it is an rpm problem
or not.

FWIW, my mainboard is
SOYO SY-P4RC350 Socket 478 ATI 9100IGP (RS300) Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
with onboard sound
ATI Technologies Inc IXP150 AC'97 Audio Controller

Thanks,
Adam

ps. is there a simple way to list the previously installed alsa
packages or downgrade?  my mind is failing me right now...