[mythtv-users] A little upgrade help...

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Jun 6 16:30:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 12:00 -0400, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

> The biggest problem is that there are no choices to boot to
> an FC3 kernel.  Only the FC2 kernels show up in grob.conf.

I presume you mean /boot/grub/grub.conf, right? Why don't you just add
one? The template from the other kernels should be OK, just change the
vmlinuz and img file names to be the ones for the 2.6.10_770 kernel. If
those files are not there (in /boot), then you may need to boot into an
old kernel, and install the RPM for the newer kernel. I've never tried
an upgrade with the FC distributions, I've always had some sort of
problem doing that, so I have always started with a fresh install. It is
my understanding, though, that installing the RPM for a kernel package
always adds an entry to grub.conf as part of the postinstall script.

--Greg