[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Jun 6 19:42:50 UTC 2005

Thanks for the response.

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 15:23 -0400, Bruce Pennypacker wrote:

> DVB stands for Digital Video Broadcast.  Most linux support for video
> seems to be heading in this direction.  As of the 2.6.12-rc3 kernel DVB
> support for the HD-3000 is built in

Right, but the 2.6.12 kernel hasn't been released yet. Is there any way
to get hold of the DVB drivers other than to use a still-in-flux kernel?

> http://www.xmission.com/~pchdtv/forum/viewtopic.php?t=688

OK, this answers my own question. According to this, the pcHDTV 2.0
driver set that I am using includes the DVB drivers too. So I did the
"rmmod/modprobe" thing and got:

cx2388x dvb driver version 0.0.4 loaded
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:01.2[A] -> GSI 10 (level, low) -> IRQ 10
cx88[0]/2: found at 0000:02:01.2, rev: 5, irq: 10, latency: 32, mmio:
0xde000000
cx88[0]/2: cx2388x based dvb card
DVB: registering new adapter (cx88[0]).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (pcHDTV HD3000 HDTV)...

> Once you've got them working just go into mythtv-setup and set up the
> card as a DVB card, not a pchdtv card.

I will try that when I get home tonight. Thanks for the tip. I'm not
sure I really needed to unload/reload the modules, because
the /dev/dvb/adapter0 directory already existed. The trick may be to
just set up the card as not the kind of card it explicitly is, but a
different one. Clear as mud :-)  I'll let you know if it works.

--Greg