[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Bruce Pennypacker bruce at pennypacker.org
Mon Jun 6 19:55:48 UTC 2005

> Right, but the 2.6.12 kernel hasn't been released yet. Is there any way
> to get hold of the DVB drivers other than to use a still-in-flux kernel?

If you hang out over at the pchdtv forums you'll probably find that many
people who want to use DVB have started using the 2.6.12-rc3 & later
kernels.  Keep in mind that "rc" means release candidate so there aren't
likely to be lots of changes between them & the final 2.6.12 release.
I've been happily using rc3 for a while now without any problems (other
than my cabile provider being obnoxious, but that's another e-mail
thread...)

> I will try that when I get home tonight. Thanks for the tip. I'm not
> sure I really needed to unload/reload the modules, because
> the /dev/dvb/adapter0 directory already existed. The trick may be to
> just set up the card as not the kind of card it explicitly is, but a
> different one. Clear as mud :-)  I'll let you know if it works.

Yep, I can definately understand the confusion.  Having a specific entry
in mythtv-setup for pchdtv can be quite confusing if you're not 100%
sure what all the terminology means.

-Bruce