[mythtv-users] Sky Digital UK (NDS) CAMs now available. Myth compatible?

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Mon Jun 6 20:11:20 UTC 2005

I'm afraid I know very little of how a CAM works inside Myth. However, I
have 2 Sky subscriptions at the moment. If I was to buy a Dragon CAM,
would these work with Myth directly?

The reason I want this is just purely picture quality. Currently, I'm
going through SVideo with a PVR-150, with the consequent analog trade-offs.

The CAM requires the ID of the box which it is 'married' to. This is
entered through the CAM menus. Is this stored internally to the CAM, or
is it lost when the CAM is removed (since Myth doesn't really do CAM menus)?

Sorry this is slightly off topic, but I'm sure there's some more people
out there interested.

To be clear: This is NOT a way to get free Sky. You NEED a CURRENT Sky
subscription AND A BOX SERIAL NUMBER. (I think) this means that you
won't be able to sell your box while you're using the CAM.

Cheers,

Allan.