[mythtv-users] Front End Decode of MPEG2 Streams

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:27:59 UTC 2005

On 6/6/05, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK, the decoding all takes place on the front end.  I would say
> ditch the 350 and get the 250 or go with the 500.

Agreed. The 350's VO is going to be wasted on the backend, unless you
intend to make it a BE/FE.

As far as the PVR-500, you start running into, once you want to add
card #2 or #3 is IRQ's in PCI slots. Having both on one card will save
some headache down the road. Just know the 500's support in IVTV is a
little less mature than the 250 or the 350, being a newer product.