[mythtv-users] Not downloading movie posters

Tom Walsh tom at openhardware.net
Mon Jun 6 21:29:48 UTC 2005

Mark Read wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm currently running version 0.18.1 of MythTV and am unable to
> download movie posters for MythVideo.  When using the Search IMDB
> option within Video Manager it successfully identifies the correct
> entry and downloads the metadata.  Am I correct in assuming that it
> should also at this point download the cover art as well?
> If I run imdb.pl -P manually from the shell giving the IMDB id as a
> parameter it successfully returns the url of the image at ipmawards,
> and when browsed to manually that image does exist.
> The directory specified within Videos/General settings does exist and
> the user MythTV is run as does have write access.
> The command specified to search for movie posters remains unchanged
> from the default and appears correct.
> Any ideas?  Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Run mythfrontend as: '/usr/bin/mythfrontend --logfile
/var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log'

Ensure that /var/log/mythtv is writable as the user launching mythfrontend.

You'll probably discover, as I did, that my /VideoPosters volume was not
writable as the user running mythfrontend.  Once I corrected the
permissions problem, my poster problem went away.

TomW