[mythtv-users] Re: Pundit-R xorg.conf example

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 02:08:51 UTC 2005

On 6/6/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/6/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Really? No one has an example of configuring this machine for using
> > S-Video? Or am I just being anxious and impatient after 5-6 hours?!
> > ;-) (I know the answer...) ;-)
> >
> > I hope someone can pony this up one of this hours. I'm pretty stumped.
> > No matter what I choose the best I can do with the fglrx driver so far
> > is console text to the TV and fluxbox showing up on my monitor. With
> > the readeon driver I can get X going to the TV but the scan rates are
> > all wrong and the TV wo't display it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> >
> > On 6/6/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I wonder if anyone running a Pundit-R and using the S-Video output
> > > successfully could share just the monitor settings section of their
> > > /etc/X11/xorg.conf file? I'm getting X on the TV but it's not sync'ed
> > > and pretty messed up. MythTV is built but without X working it's a bit
> > > of a tease...
>
> Have you taken the time to search for solutions to this problem? The
> fglrx problems are extremely well known. A working xorg.conf file will
> not solve it either. www.rage3d.com's Linux forums are a useful start,
> and the answers are also in the mythtv-users archives.
>
> Nick

Nick,
   Yes, I've been searching for the answer to this since early
yesterday. I've been to Rage3D multiple times. I've found some great
online instructions via Google that have helped a lot. I have MythTV
running to the monitor, and I can see fluxbox/MythTV on the TV except
the scanrate is messed up and it's all scrunched down and flipping
around. I'm sure the answers are somewhere in the mythtv-users
archives. After messing with this for more than 24 hours and not
finding the final key (basically I think the right scan rate for
S-Video going into a TV) I had hoped for just a real pointer.

   What I don't understand is why, if you didn't want to give a real
answer why you'd bother to write anything at all. I guess some people
are that way. Sorry to bother you.

Mark