[mythtv-users] off topic question/request for help on a mediamvp

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 03:25:58 UTC 2005

On 6/5/05, T. Waldren <mythtvbox at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am pulling out my hair trying to figure this out, and the wife isn't
> very happy that something I promised her would be working a month ago
> still just boots up and says "contacting Mediamvp booterver".

Given that I hate to see people pull out there hair, and I don't like
pulling my own hair out, I thought I would see how far you have gone
on the MVPMC setup.  I'm all the way there, except each time I go to
view recordings, the MVP says it's lost it's connection to MythTV.

I've had to go the NFS route too, since it seems there's a protocol
mis-match on the MVPMC and my backend (0.18.1).

Anyway, I'd be happy to compare notes.

gs