[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 31

Robert Coup robert2 at coup.net.nz
Tue Jun 7 11:01:47 UTC 2005

Brian Webb wrote:

>>ATrpms' rpms are build against XvMCW, part of the unichrome
>>project. This wrapper library allows you to chose the XvMC lib at
>>runtime, but you need to configure it properly.
>>

>I think I have XvMCW setup correctly.  I'm using Terry Barnaby's
>Unichrome X update packages
>(http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/fc3/), which appear to use
>XvMCW, and I have updated the XvMCConfig file as directed in his
>instructions.  Are these updated xorg packages required to use ATRPMS
>myth packages to work on a VIA/Unichrome system?  Is there a better
>place to get Unichrome patched xorg RPMs?
>
>Just for clarification: I SHOULD NOT have an "XvMC VLD" checkbox in
>mythtv, and I SHOULD select the "XvMC" checkbox to enable hardware
>acceleration on my VIA/Unichrome system when using the XvMCW
>libraries?

I am also (IMO) using XvMCW with the library path specified in
/etc/X11/XvMCConfig. I have replaced the libviaXvMC.so.1.0 library with
the one from Terry Barnaby's RPMs and updated the symlinks.

In MythTV...Setup...TV Settings..Playback i have the option "Use
hardware XvMC MPEG Decoding" which is what I change to break/unbreak
playback. AFAIK, nothing mentions XvMC VLD (as stated by James) anywhere...

Does this shed some more light on the issue?

Thans again,
Rob :)