[mythtv-users] Reinstalling MythTV

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Tue Jun 7 12:42:16 UTC 2005

As I've accumulated a lot of cruft on my MythTV install, and a couple
things that needs changing, so I want to do a major clean up and the
best way I can see to do this is to reformat the /boot and / partitions,
reinstall Linux and set up MythTV again.  But I don't want to lose
MythTV access to the recorded videos I have on /video - I assume if I
make a backup of the database, wipe and reinstall, and restore the
database, I assume I still will be able to access the videos?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

Cheers - Piers