[mythtv-users] Reinstalling MythTV

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Tue Jun 7 14:27:47 UTC 2005

If you REALLY want to clean up serious cruft, you should do what I plan to do this weekend, which is to NUVEXPORT all your recordings out to NUV and SQL files, trash the database and merge everything back in. Sounds like a lot of work, and it is... but I've been looking at my database and filesystem lately and they don't match. I have more NUV files than I have recordings, so apparently I've got orphaned files out there. I also appear to have a couple of orphaned database entries that show up in NUVEXPORT selector, but have no associated files. I need to clean this up so I'm going to go the export/trash/import route.

Only problem with this is it does mean that I'll have to re-create all my settings again... but that's not a huge problem for me as I have a mostly default setup.