[mythtv-users] Black Screen w/PVR-250 caused by overheat

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:48:01 UTC 2005

On 6/7/05, Brian Fischer <brianafischer at hotpop.com> wrote:
> I am experiencing a black screen on my pvr-250 after a few weeks of uptime
> with my myth box.  I believe the cause is overheating because I cannot get
> my live tv to work until I shutdown and leave the computer off for about 30
> minutes.  A reboot will not fix this issue.  I plan on adding a new fan to
> the system, but wanted to know if anyone has a solution or suggestions to
> fix this.
>

> Thanks,
> Brian
>
> ---------
> My Setup
> ---------
> mythtv-0.18.1-110
> ivtv-0.2.0-68_rc3j
> Nvidia Chipset
> /dev/video0 Leadtek WinFast 2000 XP
> /dev/video1 PVR-250

Hi,
   I haven't seen this on our PVR-250 system but it's a very different
hardware environment.

   If you think it might be a memory leak or something like that then
I can report that we're using ivtv-0.3.5v successfully. You might try
upgrading that. Pretty painless test other than the 2-3 week wait to
see if it helped.

Good luck,
Mark