[mythtv-users] First Time Playing Recorded Show Always Fails

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Jun 7 14:48:15 UTC 2005

Donavan Stanley wrote:

>On 6/6/05, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
>

>>Rob Rosenfeld wrote:
>>

>>>I'm running current CVS on the HEAD branch.  The first time I try to
>>>watch any recording, I get a black screen for maybe 5 minutes, then I
>>>get the prompt that usually shows up after a show ends offering three
>>>choices if I want to delete or keep the episode.  If I tell it to keep
>>>it and try again it plays immediately.  How do I get it to play
>>>correctly on the first attempt?
>>>

>>I am experiencing this as well. I am on CVS from a few weeks ago, not
>>that it makes much of a difference. Haven't found a workaround as yet.
>>

>First, does it happen with current CVS?  A few weeks ago makes a hug
>difference.  Even a few days can make a huge difference.

Yes, I know. See below.

>Second, what does it say in the console?  How about with -v playback?
>
>All in all, without more information nobody is going to be able to help you.

I wasn't asking for help, just pointing out that he wasn't the only one
with the problem. I plan on rebuilding from current CVS soon, but I may
wait a bit for the commits to die down a bit... :) Plus I haven't been
able to schedule any down time... :)

FWIW, my system is combined frontend/backend, with dual 250's.

Tom