[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:58:09 UTC 2005

On 6/6/05, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> 2005-06-06 17:07:28.867 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> 2005-06-06 17:07:28.885 Error: Desired subchannel not specified in
> freqid "3", Using 1.
> 2005-06-06 17:07:28.971 HD5 Error: could not obtain sync
>
> --Greg

Greg,

The freqid 3 looks fishy to me. The freqid for digital stations is in
format x-y. Look at http://www.antennaweb.org

Open you web browser, connect to your machine (assuming you are
running apache and have configured mythweb also). Then you can go to
edit->Channel listing. See what are the channels and the frequencies.

Alternatively, you can dump the channel table from mythconverg
database. Also, live TV by default doesn't work unless you have set
the starting channel correctly. Change the default channel in
mythsetup to 5_1 or something which works for you. Since you are using
QAM and not OTA, so I dont know about the channel numbers. My setup is
HD3000 using OTA via antenna. I've added the following line in my
/etc/default/mythtv-backend

mysql -D mythconverg -e "update cardinput set startchan='7_1'"

It always forces myth to start from 7_1 for liveTV whenever the
backend is restarted.
Hope it helps.

Thanks
Mudit