[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:43:39 UTC 2005

On 6/7/05, Mudit Wahal <mwahal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/6/05, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> >
> > 2005-06-06 17:07:28.867 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> > 2005-06-06 17:07:28.885 Error: Desired subchannel not specified in
> > freqid "3", Using 1.
> > 2005-06-06 17:07:28.971 HD5 Error: could not obtain sync
> >
> > --Greg
>
> Greg,
>
> The freqid 3 looks fishy to me. The freqid for digital stations is in
> format x-y. Look at http://www.antennaweb.org
>

> Open you web browser, connect to your machine (assuming you are
> running apache and have configured mythweb also). Then you can go to
> edit->Channel listing. See what are the channels and the frequencies.
>
> Alternatively, you can dump the channel table from mythconverg
> database. Also, live TV by default doesn't work unless you have set
> the starting channel correctly. Change the default channel in
> mythsetup to 5_1 or something which works for you. Since you are using
> QAM and not OTA, so I dont know about the channel numbers. My setup is
> HD3000 using OTA via antenna. I've added the following line in my
> /etc/default/mythtv-backend
>
> mysql -D mythconverg -e "update cardinput set startchan='7_1'"
>
> It always forces myth to start from 7_1 for liveTV whenever the
> backend is restarted.
> Hope it helps.
>
> Thanks
> Mudit

Greg, I had to go through this too.  What ultimately worked was to do
a scan within myth and see which channels it picked-up.  Then I went
back into my digital cable line-up and modified it to have only those
channels.  Re-ran setup and blew away my card setups.  Re-setup the
3000 and got the new stripped down line-up.  Re-run the scan.  Now go
into mysql and copy the channel info from the scanned channels into
the "line-up" channels and then delete the scanned channels.  Now I
have tunable channels and guide data for them.  Voila.