[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:25:14 UTC 2005

On 6/7/05, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greg, I had to go through this too.  What ultimately worked was to do
> a scan within myth and see which channels it picked-up.  Then I went
> back into my digital cable line-up and modified it to have only those
> channels.  Re-ran setup and blew away my card setups.  Re-setup the
> 3000 and got the new stripped down line-up.  Re-run the scan.  Now go
> into mysql and copy the channel info from the scanned channels into
> the "line-up" channels and then delete the scanned channels.  Now I
> have tunable channels and guide data for them.  Voila.

what i did, which is simpler in my opinion (only one scan, doesn't
involve direct manipulation of the database, etc.)

1. delete the old channel setup
2. run a channel scan
3. customize zap2it line-up to include only those scanned channels
4. retrieve the line-up
5. go to channel setup and got the xmltv id (don't remember the exact
name, something like that) from the retrieved channels
6. type in the xmltv id in the corresponding scanned channel
7. go to mythweb and delete the retrieved channels
8. run mythfilldatabase to get the listings

hope this helps.

xiaotian