[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Jun 7 16:27:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 12:16 -0400, Michael Haan wrote:

> Ah, there's the catch.  The HD3000 can tune HD one of two ways - OTA
> via an antenna with the V4L drivers, or QAM (aka digital cable) via
> the DVB drivers.

I have tried using both drivers.  Neither works with Mythtv. As far as I
can tell, xawtv is using the V4L drivers (/dev/video0) which work fine
there.

>   To tune regular analog cable you'll need a card like
> the PVR-350

If this is so, then how is it that xawtv is able to work with the
HDTV3000 card? Worse still, at one point, when I first set this whole
thing up, mythtv worked! But the first time I stopped and restarted the
backend daemon, it was broken and it's not worked since. This suggests
that the problem may be in some part of the data that is loaded only
when the backend starts up.

All of this is enough to convince me that it SHOULD be possible,
somehow, some way, to get mythtv to work with the hardware and cable
system that I have. Heck, for a short time, it DID work.

I'm starting to feel like I am missing something really really basic
here.

--Greg