[mythtv-users] Black Screen w/PVR-250 caused by overheat

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 16:35:06 UTC 2005

Brian Fischer wrote:

>I am experiencing a black screen on my pvr-250 after a few weeks of uptime
>with my myth box.  I believe the cause is overheating because I cannot get
>my live tv to work until I shutdown and leave the computer off for about 30
>minutes.  A reboot will not fix this issue.  I plan on adding a new fan to
>the system, but wanted to know if anyone has a solution or suggestions to
>fix this.

If you think you have a heat problem, open the PC and run it until you
have your suspected heat issue. Then spray the suspected component with
freeze spray and view if you have any changes in the video output.
Sometimes you can find intermittent thermal problems with freeze spray
-- not always.

On the other hand, how many people have heat problems with PVRx50s? It
might be something else.