[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging, Cut Lists, and Transcoding...

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 20:29:16 UTC 2005

I think I have a handle on how the transcoding works, although I would
like to find some more detailed docs on it. However, I'd like to learn
more about the Cut Lists, and how these relate to commercial flagging.

As I understand it, commercial flagging is on by default, but to add a
cut list based on the flagging, you need to do this manually. Also, it
may be a good idea to check the commercial flagging, to make sure it
is correct and does not cut any of the actual program.

So, where can I find more docs on cut-lists? Are they out there? I've
read http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.14, but this
does not go into a lot of detail IMHO. For instance, when watching a
recorded program, if I hit 'E' followed by 'Z' on the keyboard, this
will show the flagged commercials in a bar in the OSD. Each commercial
break is represented by a red bar within the green bar that is the
program. However, some of these bars are surrounded by silver 'T's.
Some have a silver 'T' on one side or the other, and some have none at
all. What does it all mean?

--Garry