[mythtv-users] MythTV DVB Subtitles Patch v0.4 released

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 21:28:18 UTC 2005

On 07/06/05, Pekka Jääskeläinen <pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a new release of Juha Kuikka's subtitles patch:
>
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~pjaaskel/mythtv-dvb_subtitles/
>
> Please give it a try and report any problems you might have, but before you do,
> read the "support" and "to do" sections of the above www-pages.

First off, good work, and secondly I thought I'd highlight a few things.

In the todo section :
A menu in OSD to select which subtitle language to use (or disable subtitles).

I guess that part of this is already in there with the "T" key,
enable/disable teletext/CC. As to the language selection, you might be
aware of the preferred language setting in the db which is used in
other places within the DVB code. I think at the least, this would be
a good default language. The next question might be, do you really
need an OSD menu language choice  or could you make do with this
setting in the frontend. (I just wonder how often you really need to
change the language).

Regards
--
John