[mythtv-users] Multiple IR Blasters?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jun 7 23:12:29 UTC 2005

> It took more than a few sleepless nights but I think the end
> is finally insight for a working myth install. One major
> question I'm having trouble finding an answer to is related
> to multiple IR transmitters. I have 2 Comcast digital cable
> boxes going to 2 PVR150's over s-video. I've read the
> documentation about setting up an IR blaster but was
> wondering if it's possible to control both boxes, each with
> their own transmitter?

I have two MyBlaster brand serial ir blasters running two dishnet systems.
It uses 2 serial ports. Both systems are the same codes so optically
blocking the ir from the undesired receiver is a issue. I use a simple sheet
of cardboard. Whats nice about my application is that lirc is not used at
all. The driver is stand-alone. I dont know if your receiver is covered by
the available codes but it may be worth looking into a commercial solution.

Bill