[mythtv-users] Re: firewire recording problems

Robert Karaffa rkaraff at emory.edu
Wed Jun 8 00:14:33 UTC 2005

Scott,
	You might have to recompile the 6200ch.c binary and hardcode the
"node" to 2, that's what I had to do to get my DCT6200 to work on my
KnoppMyth system.
There's a firewire/1394 app called gscanbus
(http://www.linux1394.org/start_test.php) that you can run in X to
determine the node of your DCT6400 (I had trouble figuring out how to
interpret the gscanbus reports...you may not, but good luck anyway!).
I took a look at 6200ch.c in a text editor, found the only reference to
"node", changed it from "0" to "2", saved it, re-compiled 6200ch.c and
it worked.  (I think, it's been awhile since I did this and I stupidly
didn't take notes).

That should make things work for you, I'm pretty sure.

-Bob K.