[mythtv-users] Setting up MySQL

ian swanson swansian at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jun 8 00:51:45 UTC 2005

I would like to set up Mythtv... but I installed the RPMS for Fedora Core 3. I didn't run the backend first- i didn't realize how to run it until later. I typed into the terminal 'Mythtv' and it loaded the setup of the language. Then it said it can't find the database.. Then it exits. My question is: What should the database settings be set for (exactly what should be in each field) and it can't find the database where it's looking. I tried running the backend and now it loads through a whole bunch of things before it loads the setup, but it still says the database can't be found. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Ian.