[mythtv-users] Playback problem on M10k - Unable to create XvMCBlocks

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed Jun 8 03:23:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 22:46 +0100, Simon G Haslam wrote:
> 2005-06-07 22:18:58.629 Found a suitable XvMC surface 0
> XvMC found and using MC surface

You should be using a VLD surface not an MC surface with the Epia M9000.
If you have a video card installed, then maybe it is using it instead of
the video out. If not, you have probably compiled MythTV without XVMC
VLD enabled.

Also, check that the XvMC-VLD option is enabled. It is absent if VLD is
not compiled in.

Another, less likely possibility is that the video you are trying to
play can't be handled by the XvMC-VLD sub-system for some reason.
Say if you are trying to play an HDTV video.

> If I switch off the XvMC option in the MythTv frontend settings then as soon
> as I try and watch live tv the entire system
> looks-ups and I have to reboot.
That is a video driver bug... But probably unrelated to XvMC..

-- Daniel