AW: [mythtv-users] Help With xorg.conf and S-Video Setup

jani jani.talikka at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:17:22 UTC 2005

Try using the nvidia-settings program that gets installed with your
nvidia driver to change the overscan settings. Your TV should be able
to zoom in to make the 4:3 output stretch over the 16:9 screen.  If
you choose to make a vga to scart rgb converter yourself (instructions
are out there on the net) then you just need to put the right voltage
on one of the signal lines to make the tele automatically assume a
16:9 picture. (I haven't yet been able to get a good picture this way,
the picture is nice and solid but appears to be missing half of the
vertical resolution and diagonal lines are quite blocky)