[mythtv-users] dvb-utils rpm

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:07:31 UTC 2005

On 08/06/05, Martin Ebourne <lists at ebourne.me.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:30:16 +0100, David Watkins wrote:
> > Anyone know where I can find dvb-utils?
> >
> > Googling suggests that debian users can use an apt repository, but I'm
> > on Fedora Core 3.
> >
> > Most other suggestions seem to be to download cvs source from
> > linuxtv.org, but I can't find it there.
>
> I'm using FC3 with a Mandrake RPM, linux-dvb-apps, which I think is what
> you're after (contains tzap etc). I'm using version 1.1.0.20040221-1mdk91.
> Use rpmfind/rpmseek/etc to find the source package and then probably
> rpmbuild --rebuild will build a suitable binary package for you.
>
> Mandrake packages are usually a good choice because they work well on red
> hat systems.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin.

Thanks Martin,

I'd already realised that the package is called dvb-apps on the
linuxtv.org website (though most of the documentation seems to refer
to dvb-utils) and downloaded the cvs source and nearly got it to
compile (usb.h file not in the right place).  I'm happier with rpms
though, so knowing the name of the rpm package is a big help.

I'll see if there's a Fedora version, otherwise I'll give the Mandrake
one a try.