[mythtv-users] Myxer Update - This time its a BIG one! (and probably the last one for a while....)

Dave Hofstra dhofstra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:25:08 UTC 2005

I have updated the Myxer theme again.  It can be found here
http://lisadaveh.home.comcast.net/myxer/

In case you didnt catch the last update, Myxer now has a
MyxerCustomizer script that lets you personalize Myxer in hundreds of
combinations.  It's really a cool feature, please check out the
website for some simple pictures.

This update includes a ton of new features
1.  Added BlueTwo iconset and a ton of BlueTwo highlight buttons that
were graciously donated from 'Samsonite' (who did the graphics for
BlueTwo) at the MediaPortal project.  My rendition of 'BlueTwo' as a
skin for Myxer is easily applied by using MyxerCustomizer and
selecting it in the "Apply_Pre-Built_Skin_Sets" area (#7)
2.  I have included BlueTwo icons with and without a Glass Background
to see which people like (so, until we decide, Myxer is about 11MB)
3.  Almost completely rewrote the MyxerCustomizer Script.
4.  You can now pick from pre-made graphics for  background, Active
Button, Inactive Button, Text Highlighting, and Iconset.  You can pick
these one at a time now so you can leave some elements alone if you
wish.
5.  A ton of new backgrounds were added from KDE-look.org and
Gnome-look.org websites.
6.  I have placed proper README.txt files in all the important places
7.  I have tried to give credit to authors of graphics where I
could... more research needs to be done to complete these readme's to
include all authors credits
8.  I have tried to add 'blank' graphics where people might want a
blank graphic at (such as the inactive button area)
9.  I added 'custom' directories where users can easily try out thier
own graphics
10.  Everything is now written from the MyxerCustomizer directory, and
is no longer required to be located in a specific directory
11.  Completely renamed almost every item to make better logical sense

Please check out the site, download Myxer, and Let me know what you
think about MyxerCustomizer!

Have fun!

Dave Hofstra
dhofstra at gmail.com