[mythtv-users] Re: A little upgrade help...

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jun 8 15:05:09 UTC 2005

> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:00:06PM -0400, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
> > I know I could probably stay with FC2, but with FC4 right around
> > the corner, I thought I'd make the jump to FC3 to be right on the
> > trailing edge.
> >
> > Currently on .17 and FC2 from ATrpms and Jarod's guide.
> >
> > After what appeared to be a successful install, grub doesn't give
> > me the option to boot an FC3 kernel.
>
> How did you upgrade? anaconda? apt-get?

Epilogue - turns out the cdrom drive was bad.  I kept getting
failed reads during subsequent attempts, so I thought it was
a bad hard disk.  Grabbed one from my pile of spares, still
had the same problem.  Swapped out the cdrom drive for
a new one, problem went away.

But now I have another question - what would be the "proper"
way to upgrade from FC2 to FC3.  Can I just change repos
for ATrpms and upgrade my kernel to an FC3 one?

I've got my backend up to .18.1, now I need to get my two
netbooted frontends up to .18.1, but they are still on FC2
with the Ctrl-Enter Qt problem.  I'd like to go to FC3 and
eliminate that issue altogether.  Plus, since the backend is
at FC3, I'd like to have the frontends at the same distro
release.

Thanks,
Paul