[mythtv-users] PVR 350 livetv freeze

Minh Duong minh_duong at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 17:52:44 UTC 2005

It sounds as if you're having multiple problems.

1)  Live TV only has static
2)  Live TV only lasts a few seconds and then exits
back to the mythmenu
3)  Live TV freezes

For 1), check on your connnections to make sure
everything is hooked up properly.  If they are, then
you may have an issue with your program listing.  Exit
mythfrontend and start mythtvsetup (mythtv-setup for
0.18+).  Check on the program listing.  Make sure
you're on your correct TV standard.  If you are using
US cable, you may have to switch to cable-us-hrc
instead of cable-us.

2 & 3)  This one is trickier.  It may be an issue with
X or the /dev/video.  For me, I had to create a
/dev/video16 manually.  It would be helpful to see
your xorg.conf

rm /dev/video16
mknod /dev/video16 c 81 16
chmod 777 /dev/video16