[mythtv-users] MythVideo Browse filter

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 8 17:54:05 UTC 2005

Michael Knoll wrote:

>No one is using the tree view anymore?  Am I missing functionality in
>the other modes?  I've looked at them, but with thousands of videos,
>it's impossible to find anything in their large lists.  Is there
>another organizational method that will allow me to have a
>tree/directory structure to organize my videos?

Categories.  Also works with MythWeb.

Set them by going into Manage Videos and editing metadata, or use SQL like:

INSERT INTO videocategory (category) VALUES ('Trailers'), ('Red vs. Blue') ;

(add the appropriate categories in a comma-separated list as shown above)

SELECT * FROM videocategory;

(using the intid value from appropriate videocategory)

UPDATE videometadata SET category = 1 WHERE filename like '%/Trailers/%';

(will update all the videos in your Trailers directory to have a
category 1--assuming that's the intid used for Trailers);

Mike