[mythtv-users] re: OpenGLVideoSync: Bad Context for Vsync

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 18:57:22 UTC 2005

Ah yes...  I never run with -v myself, that's why I
picked up on it.

Well, in that case, there's something wrong with your
OpenGL setup.  It's very likely not MythTV related,
since it's just failing on an OpenGL call.

Is OpenGL configured properly in your xorg.conf (i.e.
are you using nVidia's GL driver, and not the xorg
one)?

I'm using the xorg.conf posted on Jarod Wilson's
MythTV site, and it's working fine.

(Note: I'm not an OpenGL guru, I just changed some
#ifdef's to some if's in order to make OpenGL VSync a
run-time option, since ATrpms already links in the
nVidia libraries.  Therefore, if the issue is outside
of the scope of a correct xorg.conf file, I'm afraid I
can't really help in debugging).

-- Joe